With more people than ever working from home or hybrid, we know how important team building is when it comes to developing relationships, enhancing communication and cultivating trust amongst your team. At Sheraton Athlone Hotel, we have examined the changing needs of our clients and have recently introduced new and innovative Wellness Practices and Team Bonding Experiences to our Meetings & Events offering. We look forward to sharing them with you.
Wellness Activities | Sheraton Athlone Hotel
- Mindful Moment: Low impact 15 minutes with a mix of core breathing, flexibility and meditation. Set your intention for a successful day or wind down your mind after a busy day in the boardroom. Our team will tailor this to your needs.
- Fit Meeting: Our in-house Sheraton Fitness team will join your group by facilitating some on-the-spot low-impact exercises that will assist in rejuvenating and refocusing all delegates for the day ahead.
- Nutritional Talk: Our resident nutritionist will provide a 10-minute insight into essential tips regarding nutrition that will assist in boosting the mind for the day ahead. Listen and enjoy our Irish Detox Refreshment break option.
- Morning Run with MD: Kick off the day with a light 30-minute jog along the banks of the River Shannon and through the Athlone Old Town with our Managing Director
- Coffee Tasting: For small meetings, why not be a barista for a moment and learn how to make some speciality coffees with one of our in-house baristas?
Team Building Experiences
Digital Treasure Hunt with Dynamic Events
Using our smart technology, we are now rerunning our Digital Treasure hunts. The treasure hunts involve exploring a town, city or venue using our bespoke, interactive technology as teams race to locate hotspots where they must perform fun tasks to earn points. Teams must strategise, communicate and collaborate to climb the scoreboard in a race against the clock.
Elevate Entertainment Centre
Encourage a bit of healthy competition at Elevate Athlone. From Axe Throwing and Go-Karting to Virtual Reality and Laser Tag, the fun activities will energise your team.
Yew Point Walks
Step out into the great outdoors at Yew Point Estate and experience 140 acres of unspoiled meadows and woodlands. With beautiful views overlooking Lough Ree, guests can enjoy a peaceful stroll around the 3.5km loop along the lake. Soak up the magical forest walks and stunning nature in this hidden gem.
Viking Mike Boat Tours
Viking Tours is an exciting one-of-a-kind experience. When you hop onboard the Viking-themed vessel, you step back 1200 years. This ship’s captain, Viking Mike, shares stories of the Vikings who once made their home on the shores of Lough Ree. From Easter to Halloween, the Viking Ship sails daily.